JOB TITLE: Branch Manager
HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt
The following information is designed to outline the essential functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for planning, directing, coordination and controlling all operations and activities of the Branch within the scope of the policies and procedures for The Portland Clinic (TPC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Act as a liaison between Administrative office and branch.*
- Collaborate with Branch Medical Directors on an ongoing basis as needed.*
- Work with physicians and staff to continually promote quality patient care.*
- Maintain working knowledge of current clinic and branch policies and procedures.*
- Communicate all updated information to the Branch physicians and staff.*
- Conduct staff/physicians meetings on a regular basis.*
- Co-manage Nursing staff with Nursing Supervisor handling day-to-day problems and concerns.*
- Communicate necessary feedback to Nursing Supervisor for evaluation and performance appraisals.
- Work with Nursing Supervisor and/or Front Office Coordinator to provide vacation/sick coverage.
- Problem solve with physicians on Branch issues and Clinic issues.*
- Participate in any physician/staff meetings unless attendance is not required.*
- Responsible for building and maintaining physician schedules in Epic and assuring adequate coverage at all times.*
- Provide a leadership role for medical and non-medical staff.*
- Promote Branch within the community by attending and/or joining appropriate groups.
- Provide any statistical information required by branch physicians or Administration.*
- Open and close building as needed.
- Provides second interviews for potential Branch employees whenever possible.
- Maintain overall responsibility and accountability for all Branch operations.*
- Coordinate the purchasing of equipment, supplies and services required to operate the branch as defined by Clinic parameters and utilizing Clinic resources.
- Attend professional meetings and seminars to enhance management skills as approved by Administration.
- Maintain regular communication with CEO and COO regarding relevant information, advice and assistance in order to carry out responsibilities.*
- Assist Maintenance as needed to oversee and maintain building systems.*
- Attend Supervisor meetings, timely reporting of all pertinent information to Branch staff.
- Promote good morale and strive to create good will utilizing problem solving techniques and staff involvement.*
- Respond to complex patient correspondence, telephone complaints and on-site complaints.*
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed by Administration.
- Attend work regularly.*
- Work respectfully and collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation.*
- Participate as an active team member in a patient-centered medical home
- Other duties as assigned: Quality Control, Marketing, etc...
EDUCATION REQUIRED: High School Diploma
EDUCATION PREFERRED: Bachelors Degree in a related field
- Experience in healthcare management
- Values team success
- Compassionate, patient, tactful, diplomatic, sociable, well organized, thorough, and independent
- Shows an interest in taking action to increase his/her knowledge and development as an employee Contributes to an environment where people feel valued
- Keyboarding skills
- Electronic Health Record competency
- Proficiency in medical software and Microsoft Windows
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work flow
- Oral communication skills and excellent phone etiquette with an ability to convey and receive information via the telephone
- Competency in language, grammar, and spelling
- Ability to interact and establish a good rapport with people over the telephone and in person, often in stressful situations
- Capability of effectively working on more than one task without a reduction in the quality of work and service performed
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations and to work under pressure
- Ability to accept responsibility and use initiative to proceed with necessary tasks without direct supervision
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients and staff