POSITION SUMMARY: The Chief Operations Officer (COO), in coordination with the Director of Operations, is responsible for planning, organizing and directing clinic operations including facility management for Siskiyou Community Health Center (SCHC). In coordination with the Director of Business Administration, the COO oversees the operations of the Billing and Administration departments which include IT, credentialing, marketing and contract administration. In coordination with the Director of Outreach, the COO directs the Medford, Grants Pass and Cave Junction Outreach Departments. In harmonization with the Directors, the COO will ensure quality of patient care and efficient daily clinic and department operations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee effective clinic operations and identify health inequities by understanding social determinants of health within patient population and community.
- Assist CEO in developing and implementing the clinic’s strategic long- and short- range goals and business plan.
- Work closely with CEO and CFO in forecasting and preparing annual budget and financial statements.
- Provide input for grant applications or progress reports.
- Manage department personnel, to include: hiring, training, performance management, delivery of performance appraisal and assignment of duties.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of business systems, in coordination with IT.
- Maintain compliance with SCHC policies and procedures along with governmental regulations and industry requirements.
- Participate with SCHC Leadership team during strategic planning and process improvement meetings.
- Enhance operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high quality patient care.
- Ensure compliance with SCHC safety polices, as well as OSHA regulations and training, maintaining policy and procedure manuals.
- Assist CEO in maintaining positive community relations and serves as liaison with other staff and the public.
- Resolve operational problems and keep lines of communication open with staff to ensure high productivity.
- Maintain professional affiliations and enhance professional development to keep current in the latest health care trends and development.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality.
- Conduct contract negotiations with all insurance carriers.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Public Health or similar field is required.
- Minimum five years’ managerial experience in the healthcare industry.
- Proof of current unrestricted driver’s license, comprehensive automobile insurance, and a safe driving record.
We offer all the advantages you would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package including medical, vacation and sick pay, matching 403(b), and much more.
If you would like to be part of a team that is committed to making a difference by providing quality patient care, we would like to meet you to discuss our current openings. To apply, submit a cover letter along with your resume to email@example.com.Siskiyou Community Health Center is an alcohol and drug-free workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer. Offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of drug and background screenings. Please note we follow Federal Guidelines regarding prohibited substances, even for those legal at the state level.
Based in the growing Southern Oregon community of Grants Pass, Siskiyou Community Health Center is a primary care medical home designed to treat and care for the medical needs of the entire family. Operating on a sliding scale and offering services ranging from general medical care, behavioral health services and an on-site pharmacy, to dental needs and community Outreach, Siskiyou focuses on the under-served and often uninsured sector of the Rogue Valley. Siskiyou has two medical facilities, a dental facility, and three School-Based Health Centers operating from within all three schools in the Illinois Valley. Striving for excellence, Siskiyou seeks to identify and provide care for the primary health needs of our community in a professional and compassionate manner.
To learn more about Siskiyou Community Health Center, please visit our website at: www.siskiyouhealthcenter.com.